In order to maintain faithfulness to our values, vision and mission, we put forth this non-negotiable policy describing boundaries related to the partners with whom we will be building Bridges to Transformation and to the sources and conditions of funding for those Bridges.
Since "The god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving so that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God;" [2Co 4:4] and
Since we believe the strongholds of this world are a key weapon used by the enemy in accomplishing that blindness; and
Since we see our role as being sent "to open their eyes so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the dominion of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who have been sanctified by faith in [Christ];" [Act 26:18 NASB] and
Since we define "Transformation" as eliminating the source of the darkness and state that we equip and disciple partners in Bridge Building for that specific purpose. Our ultimate end is that through our transformation work, individuals, organizations, cultures, cities and nations will "receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who have been sanctified by faith in [Christ];"
1. We will assess all current and proposed activities against that ultimate end. We will not engage in activities that do not further that end.
2. We will disclose that end to all constituents – board members, employees, operational and financial partners in Bridges.
3. We will seek and choose only board members who are committed to that end.*
4. We will seek and hire only employees who are supportive of that end.**
5. We will seek and choose only end user partners who are committed to that end and can demonstrate how their activities will achieve it.*
6. We will work with other operational partners (as opposed to end user partners) and financial partners whose interests may be subordinate to our ultimate end but who nevertheless still want to bridge with us in meeting those interests.
7. We will not sacrifice our beliefs or misrepresent our ultimate end in order to acquire funding, favor, sponsorship or any other advantage.
* Commitment is defined as fully endorsing our Statement of Faith and agreeing to this Policy on Bridge Partners and Funding.
** Support is defined as acknowledging their willingness to help achieve the end, regardless of their personal or religious beliefs.
Revised September, 2014